Abdominoplasty is the surgery performed to remove the sagging excess skin and fat tissue under and immediately over the umbilical region and to repair the loosening in anterior abdominal wall.
Full Abdominoplasty Indications:
• Unable to perform liposuction because of decreased skin elasticity
• Presence of significant stretch marks of skin
• Presence of excess fat and skin and sagging anterior abdominal wall
Length Of Operation: 3-4 hour
Going Back To Normal Life: 2-3 week
Full Recovery: 4-6 month
“Fleur De Lis” Abdominoplasty
This is a type of abdominoplasty performed on patients after bariatric surgery or severe weight loss. In this operation, the surgeon, in addition to the classic horizontal incision, also uses a vertical incision to form a flat abdomen and waist and remove excess skin.
Indications for Fleur De Lis Abdominoplasty:
• Sagging skin after severe weight loss
• Sagging skin after bariatric surgery
Mini Abdomenoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck)
Mini abdominoplasty is removal of skin and fat tissue from the lower abdomen under the belly button and strengthening muscles of the frontal abdominal wall. Unlike full abdominoplasty, the belly button is not being relocated and there are no seam around the belly button. Mini Tummy Tuck is ideal if tissues above the belly button are in good shape, but below the belly button there is excess fat and skin.
After mini abdominoplasty the seam is shorter and locates much lower than one after standard abdominoplasty. İt is a more gentle operation than full abdominoplasty. İn patients after C-section it is possible to make incision over an old seam.
Differences from full Abdominoplasty and advantages of Mini Tummy Tuck operation are:
• Smaller operation: no need to remove fatty apron
• No relocation of belly button
• Smaller incisions
• Nearly invisible scars below underwear line
• Shorter rehabilitation period